The information below are extracts from Cerebration Ltd Articles of Association that outline our organisational objectives, responsible business principles and enterprise ethos.
Objects Of The Company
1. The company’s primary social object is to carry out such business operations and related activities as will in the opinion of the directors provide equitable learning opportunities to equip learners with by skills, knowledge, support, training that enables them to thrive personally and professionally and result in a material positive impact on society and the environment, taken as a whole. We believe in creating equitable learning opportunities for all genders, ethnicities, sexualities, neuro-abilities, bodily abilities, religious beliefs and backgrounds. Our tiered pricing structure that uses our corporate work to subsidise our work with schools, charities and non-profits, we partner with ethical companies & social enterprises and a portion of our work is dedicated to supporting people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
2. The company’s secondary and subsidiary object is, as a result of the advancement by the company of its primary social object, to promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members as a whole.
Statement Of Responsible Business Principles
Cerebration Ltd commits to follow the five principles of a purpose driven business developed by Blueprint for Better Business as set out below:
1. Has a purpose which delivers long term sustainable performance
2. Enables and welcomes public scrutiny of the alignment between stated purpose and actual performance.
Honest and fair with customers and suppliers
Seeks to build lasting relationships with customers and suppliers.
Deals honestly with customers, providing good and safe products and services.
Treats suppliers fairly, pays promptly what it owes and expects its suppliers to do the same.
Openly shares its knowledge to enable customers and suppliers to make better informed choices.
3. A responsible and responsive employer
Treats everyone with dignity and provides fair pay for all.
Enables and welcomes constructive dialogue about its behaviour in keeping true to its purpose.
Fosters innovation, leadership and personal accountability.
Protects and nurtures all who work for it to ensure people also learn, contribute and thrive.
4. A good citizen
Considers each person affected by its decisions as if he or she were a member of each decision-maker’s own community.
Seeks and provides access to opportunities for less privileged people.
Makes a full and fair contribution to society by structuring its business and operations to pay promptly all taxes that are properly due.
5. A guardian for future generations
Honours its duty to protect the natural world and conserve finite resources.
Contributes knowledge and experience to promote better regulation for the benefit of society as a while rather than protecting self-interest.
Invests in developing skills, knowledge and understanding in wider society to encourage informed citizenship.
Directors Commitment To Responsible Business Principles
Cerebration Ltd's directors are responsible for the management of the company’s business, for which purpose they may exercise all the powers of the company. Cerebration Ltd's directors, in line with the Objects Of The Company & Responsible Business Principles commit to the following...
1. A director must act in the way he or she considers, in good faith, would be most likely to promote the objects of the company and must not promote the secondary and subsidiary object of the company in any way which he or she considers, in good faith, would be likely to undermine the promotion of the primary object of the company.
2. In promoting the objects of the company and carrying out their duties, a director shall have regard (amongst other matters) to:
the likely consequences of any decision in the long term;
the interests of the company's employees;
the need to foster the company's business relationships with suppliers, customers and others;
the impact of the company's operations on the community and the environment;
the desirability of the company maintaining a reputation for high standards of business conduct; and
the need to act fairly as between members of the company.
3. Statement of Responsible Business Principles